Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The not so new Putra

Just about 2 months ago I got my Proton Putra after a hectic process of getting the loan approved, PUSPAKOM checks & insurance issues done... hahaha so happy got my own ride.
Apart from having my Putra after about 7 years of dreaming, there's quite some plan I have in mind & currently the car has undergo few maintenance works, performing great despite some minor squeaks here & there.

Specs:
Year made: 2000
Mivec1 full bodykit with mivec foglights (don't have switch, though)
Evo1 spoiler
Rota Battle imitation 15 inch

Interior:
Lost a Pioneer headunit & equalizer to robbers, got Sony Xplod cikai replaced
MOMO GSR steering wheel (4 spoke)
SGTI Gear console & gearknob
MP3 Modulator w/ remote (cool item, saves my money for CDs)
Everything else? Standard except for the Barney I hang from the rearview mirror

Some updates on maintenance done:
1. oil change to Castrol MAGNATEC 10W-40 [RM75]
2. spark plugs changed from BKR6EGP (old) to BKR5EGP for [RM35]
3. replaced compressor belt 4PK770 [RM25]
4. replaced alternator belt 4PK760 [RM18]
5. replaced uprated plug cables to stock Mitsubishi (got from halfcut) [Rm50]
6. replaced front bushings, changed springs from potong to cap ayam lowering sport springs (freakin stiff) [RM36, RM183]
7. changed front tyres to Bridgestone MY-01 (Techno replacement model), re-align & camber [RM165 x2, RM12]
8. H1 & low light bulbs [RM8 x2, RM2]

Others:
1. Passanger door window tints (Titanium Elite by Solar Gard) [RM100] due to robbery of my previous headunit, they broke the window, shiats

Alrighty, later I'll post some pics!